The University of Michigan Library and Thompson Library have purchased or licensed a number of electronic book (ebook) resources. You can borrow them much as any other library book. (In compliance with federal copyright law, we do NOT digitalize our print books.)
There are currently over 500,000 digital books (full text online) available from the Thompson Library at UM-Flint.
- We do not buy course textbooks, but an older copy may already be in the library collection.
- Check COURSE RESERVES in Mirlyn. Instructors sometimes place textbooks there.
Find a book in print or online from the Thompson Library:
- Use Mirlyn (the online library catalog) to check for library books in print or online.
- Ebooks: Check the "Limit to Available Online" box if you want only online books.
- Or use SUMMON to search for ebooks available from the library.
- Books are identified as being available when at least one complete volume, issue or part of the primary content is accessible online to current U-M students, faculty and staff.