The EZProxy bookmarklet lets you reload a web page through the Thompson Library’s EZProxy server. If the page you are visiting is one that the library has a subscription for, and you're presently off-campus, then you should get you immediate access to the resource once you've logged in with your uniqname and password.
How Do You Add It?
There's a different method for different browsers:
|Firefox:||Right-click on the following link, then select the "Bookmark This Link" option:|
|Internet Explorer:||1) Right-click on this link:|
Note: In the latest version of the Mac OS (Yosemite), the Favorites bar is hidden by default. If you do not see the Favorites bar just below the URL, above the web page content, go to the View menu in Safari and select "Show Favorites Bar."
Drag this link to your Favorites toolbar:
1) Right-click on the following link, then select "Copy Link Address":
2) Go to "Bookmark Manager" under the Bookmarks menu.
3) Navigate to the place you want to create this bookmark (the Bookmarks Bar, or elsewhere).
4) Click the vertical three dot icon to the right of the Bookmark search box (normally on a blue background) and select "Add New Bookmark"
5) Give the Bookmark a name (for example, "U-M Library Proxy Bookmarklet") and paste in the URL you copied in the first step in the URL field.
6) Click "Save".
Once you've added this bookmark to your web browser, selecting it will attempt to reload your current page through the Thompson Library's EZProxy. If it's a resource that your U-M Flint affiliation gets you access, you'll pass through a login screen and be granted access to it. Otherwise, you'll get the same page you started with.
Please let us know how well the EZProxy bookmarklet works.