The EZProxy bookmarklet lets you reload a web page through the Thompson Library’s EZProxy server. If the page you are visiting is one that the library has a subscription for, and you're presently off-campus, then you should get you immediate access to the resource once you've logged in with your uniqname and password.
Once you've added this bookmark to your web browser, selecting it will attempt to reload your current page through the Thompson Library's EZProxy. If it's a resource that your U-M Flint affiliation gets you access, you'll pass through a login screen and be granted access to it. Otherwise, you'll get the same page you started with.
Please let us know how well the EZProxy bookmarklet works.
1) Right-click on the following link, then select "Copy Link Address":
2) Go to "Bookmark Manager" under the Bookmarks menu.
3) Navigate to the place you want to create this bookmark (the Bookmarks Bar, or elsewhere).
4) Click the vertical three dot icon to the right of the Bookmark search box (normally on a blue background) and select "Add New Bookmark"
5) Give the Bookmark a name (for example, "U-M Library Proxy Bookmarklet") and paste in the URL you copied in the first step in the URL field.
6) Click "Save".
Currently, the Edge browser does not allow you to install the bookmarklet directly. However, once you install it on another browser, you can import your bookmarks from that browser into Edge.
1) In the upper right corner of Edge, click the button with three dots, and select "Settings."
2) Under "Import favorites and other info," click the "Import from another browser" button.
3) Choose the browser and click the "Import" button.
4) Towards the upper right corner of Edge, click the Hub button (it has an icon of a star with lines).
5) Find the bookmarklet in the list of imported favorites, and drag & drop it into the "Favorites Bar" folder.
On the link below, do one of the following:
a) Right-click and then select the "Bookmark This Link" option. Choose the folder "Bookmarks Toolbar" for easy access.
b) Drag-and-drop the link onto your bookmark toolbar.
1) Right-click on this link:
2) Select the "Add to Favorites..." option. You may be warned that you are adding a link which may be unsafe. While some links like this may be unsafe, we believe this one is safe. You can click whichever option is required to continue.
Some users report problems using EZproxy with Internet Explorer. You may want to consider using another browser if this is the case for you.
Currently, the Opera browser does not allow you to install the bookmarklet directly. However, once you install it on another browser, you can import your bookmarks from that browser into Edge.
1) In the upper right corner of Opera, click the "Easy setup" button with three intersected lines.
2) Under "Import passwords and bookmarks," click the "Import bookmarks and settings" button.
3) Choose the browser, select "Favorites/Bookmarks," and click the "Import" button.
4) On the left side of the Opera browser, you can click the heart icon to edit your bookmarks.
5) If needed, find the bookmarklet in the list of bookmarks, and drag & drop it under the "Bookmarks bar" icon.
Note: In the latest version of the Mac OS (Yosemite), the Favorites bar is hidden by default. If you do not see the Favorites bar just below the URL, above the web page content, go to the View menu in Safari and select "Show Favorites Bar."
Drag this link to your Favorites toolbar: